A New Take On Hydration With Moikit SeedBy John Davis - December 28, 2015
Water bottles are getting smarter, but not all are created equal. Some are too tech-focused and become less functional. Moikit Seed is a smart water bottle that still works as … well .. a reliable water bottle. It’s another one of Indiegogo’s promising campaigns.
What Makes Moikit Seed A Smart Water Bottle?
The Moikit can do things that most water bottles only dream of doing. It connects via Bluetooth to the Moikit app on your Android or iOS smartphone. It creates a water schedule for you based upon your activity level, body composition, and the ambient temperature. For detailed information on your workout habits, it imports information from Jawbone and Apple’s HealthKit. Moikit is working on integrating with other fitness apps and wearables too.
By tracking how much water your drink throughout the day, Moikit knows when you need to drink more. When it’s time to drink, the bottle vibrates and an LED display on the cap lights up. You can check your hydration level (measured in percentages) by looking at the app or looking at the display on the cap as you close the lid.
Moikit also can tell you about your water. It knows when the water is stale, and reminds you of such before you sip a mouthful of two-day old water. It can also tell you the temperature of your water. Push down the lid or twist the cap open, and the temperature appears on the LED display.
The temperature feature is especially awesome because the water bottle keeps cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours, and hot drinks hot for up to 12. It uses vacuum insulation, copper inlay, as well as nitrogen welding to keep drinks hot or cold. What does that mean? It’s just a fancy way of saying that Moikit uses special techniques to keep the bottle highly insulated.
Pretty impressive, if you ask me.
What Does The Water Bottle Look Like and is it Functional?
The Moikit Seed Water Bottle comes in three sizes – 12 oz, 14 oz, or 17 oz. Its appearance is unique; it looks like a hybrid between an old-school milk bottle and an aluminum water bottle. There are 12 different and really cool colors available, and all of the colors have a pearl-like finish to make them stand out.
When it comes to the functionality of a smart water bottle, there are three questions I ask myself:
1) Is it durable?
Moikit can be used for any kind of activity. Made of Japanese stainless steel, the bottle itself is durable. You don’t have to worry about damaging any of the technical features; the water bottle is waterproof.
2) Is it easy to clean?
According to Moikit developers, the bottle is easy to clean. Considering that it looks like other not-so-smart water bottles, I believe it.
3) Is charging the battery easy?
The battery is hidden away inside of the bottle. And charging it isn’t something you ever need to worry about. The battery lasts one to two years, and can be easily replaced once it’s run out of juice.
How Can You Get A Moikit Seed?
Moikit Seed is not ready for shipping, but is expected to be ready in February of 2016. For now, you can get one for $52 plus shipping by backing their Indiegogo campaign. If the campaign is successful, the expected retail price is $75 plus shipping.
- Ooho: The Bottleless Water Bottle
- Ulla: A Simple Hydration Solution
- Gululu Smart Water Bottle for Kids
- 5 Water Bottles That Will Make You Want to Workout
- DropBottle Wants To Put Your Water in Gold
- Soma Water Pitcher Review
- Should You Buy Bottled Alkaline Water?
- Taking Hydration To New Levels With Pryme Vessyl
- Brita Infinity Smart Water Pitcher Review
- Trick Your Brain With A Cup That Adds Flavor To Your Water
- Ozmo Helps You Stay Hydrated And Track Caffeine Intake
- Saving Money With a Cistern
- AquaKinetic Drinking Water System Review
- Yecup 365—A Self-Cooling and Heating Mug
- A Water Bottle That Can Fill Itself Up
- Pelican Water PRO Reverse Osmosis System
- Aquasana 3-Stage Under Counter Review
- A New Take On Hydration With Moikit Seed
- Top 5 Things to Look For When Buying a Water Filter For Your Home
- Changing the Way You Workout One Spritz At A Time