What is the Best Portable Water Filter?By John Davis - May 31, 2015
If you answered yes to any of these, then chances are you could benefit from having a portable water filtration system. And I’m not talking about refillable pitcher or water bottle filter that’s primarily only going to improve the taste a bit.
I’m talking about a fully portable reverse osmosis water system. A system that will not only make your water taste far better, but that will also remove up to 99& of all impurities; including harmful contaminants such as arsenic, barium, copper, lead, and bacteria like e coli.
How Does it Work?
The RO-CTOP has a four-stage filtration system that will produce up to 90 gallons of crisp, purified drinking water per day.
- Stage 1 – Sediment pre-filter: Removes dust and other particles
- Stage 2 – Coconut Shell Carbon Filter: Removes bad tastes and odors
- Stage 3 – DOW Filmtec RO Membrane: Removes harmful contaminants; lead, arsenic, barium, etc
- Stage 4 – 2nd Carbon Filter: Removes any excess tastes and odors
Is the RO-CTOP Easy to Install?
Installation is a breeze. Simply connect it to any faucet. There are no further steps. Once connected to your faucet refill a sports bottle or a pitcher to keep in the fridge.
The RC-TOP only weighs 7 lbs, so it’s easy to take with you if you’re traveling and always on the move.
Does the RO-CTOP Have Good Reviews
I recommend APEC water because I personally use their ROES-50 reverse osmosis system in my home and have been extremely pleased with the system’s performance, the quality of the water, and with the support I received from APEC.
However, don’t just take my word for it.
This system itself is loaded with good reviews from other happy customers who have personally used it.
To start, their Amazon product page currently has 4.8 stars based on 38 reviews.
They also have all 5-star reviews from customers on their website, which you can view here.
How Much Does it Cost?
The RO-CTOP has a list price of $335, however you can usually find it on Amazon for around $229, and often it’s on sale right on APEC’s site.
Replacement filters will cost around $45 for the second year and $125 or so for the complete set which should be changed every two years.
TIP: If you purchase directly from APEC’s website you can add the second year’s filter set for just $30.
Why Should I Get a Portable Water Filtration System?
Bottled Water is Expensive
Living off bottled water can get extremely expensive. On the low-end bottled water cost over $1.20 per gallon, which is nearly 300 times what it costs to drink tap water.
Bottled Water is Wasteful
There’s nearly 2 million tons of plastic water bottles in US landfills alone, not to mention that bottled water is responsible all types environmental issues from liter to green house gases.
Tap Water May Not Always Taste Good or Even Be Safe
As I discussed here, the water that comes out of the faucet may not always meet standards high enough for our families drinking water. This is especially true if you’re traveling haven’t personally tested the water or are unfamiliar with the source.
Having a portable water filtration system guarantees you a very high-quality of drinking water no matter where you are without the high-cost and waste associated with bottled water.
- Ooho: The Bottleless Water Bottle
- Ulla: A Simple Hydration Solution
- Gululu Smart Water Bottle for Kids
- 5 Water Bottles That Will Make You Want to Workout
- DropBottle Wants To Put Your Water in Gold
- Soma Water Pitcher Review
- Should You Buy Bottled Alkaline Water?
- Taking Hydration To New Levels With Pryme Vessyl
- Brita Infinity Smart Water Pitcher Review
- Trick Your Brain With A Cup That Adds Flavor To Your Water
- Ozmo Helps You Stay Hydrated And Track Caffeine Intake
- Saving Money With a Cistern
- AquaKinetic Drinking Water System Review
- Yecup 365—A Self-Cooling and Heating Mug
- A Water Bottle That Can Fill Itself Up
- Pelican Water PRO Reverse Osmosis System
- Aquasana 3-Stage Under Counter Review
- A New Take On Hydration With Moikit Seed
- Top 5 Things to Look For When Buying a Water Filter For Your Home
- Changing the Way You Workout One Spritz At A Time