Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis System ReviewBy John Davis - July 23, 2015
Such a long name, isn’t it? The name itself tells a lot about the product. We want water filters that we can trust, not just in elimination of impurities but in providing minerals that we need. Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System is not an overnight product but a result of many years of hard-work and research.
Home Master Artesian Full Contact UnderSink Reverse Osmosis System is a product of Perfect Water Technologies, Inc., a well-established American company specializing in manufacturing and developing innovative water purification products and filtration systems. Their first line of water filtering products is called the Tap Master series which provids efficient water filtration and purification. This equipped them with a kit that keeps the flow of water twice as fast as traditional reverse osmosis systems. They also introduced Tap Master Artesian, a product that enabled mineral water on your tap. And from then on, many other products were released. Home Master Artesian Full Contact Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System is one of the latest and best.
Home Master Artesian Full Contact Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System purifies approximately 50 gallons of water a day. It lets water pass through 7 filters. But drinking water is not just about having contaminant-free water. We prefer water that tastes good and can give us minerals that our body needs. But is the Home Master the best reverse osmosis system?
Home Master Artesian has some features that make it stand out, so let’s strip it down. First, the purification process is done using NSF certified components and Dow Filmtec brand reverse osmosis membrane. The components and the membrane work together to remove 98% of impurities which include lead and dissolved heavy metals and rust. It also filters out chemical contaminants like chlorine and chloramines, pesticides and herbicides, and gasoline additives, all potentially harmful to our body. In addition to that, Home Master Artesian uses catalytic carbon filtration. Catalytic carbon filters specialize in removing hydrogen sulfide in water. It is also effective in removal of chloromines, iron, bromides, and most anything else that could make your tap water unsafe.
Home Master Artesian also features Artesian Full Contact Technology, a patented technology that restores minerals to water. Why is this needed? Reverse Osmosis and the purification process not only removes contaminants and impurities, it even removes minerals needed by our body. As a result, purified water is clean but not healthy. That’s why the natural process of restoring minerals to water called Artesian Remineralizing process is used not just once, but twice to make sure that as much minerals are restored to the water. 30-60 mg/L of calcium, magnesium, and other healthy minerals are restored to the water after the process. Another reason why it is important is because water that went through reverse osmosis can be acidic, and storing it in a rubber bladder storage tank would re-pollute the water. That’s why traditional reverse osmosis systems have post filters. The Artesian Full Contact technology cleanses water from acid, eliminating the need for post filters.
Another Feature the Makes the Home Master Artesian Stand Out
Most RO systems purify waters at a slow rate, making the water flow in your faucet slow. It is attributed to small fittings and tubing, but the Fast Flow RO Kit used in Home Master Artesian has larger fittings and tubing, letting more water to pass through and producing nearly twice as much water in the faucet.
The Home Master Artesian also uses advanced modular filters where the filters and filter housings are all in one.
Because of that, when you change the filter, you also change the housing. It saves you money and from problems such as canister leaks caused by unchanged canister housing. And because both the filter and the housing is changed annually, it is more hygienic. Aside from that, the design of the modular filters allows it to be changed easily. It uses push in fittings to make service quick and easy, not requiring tools and much effort to replace.
Product Specification and Design
The Home Master Artesian Full Contact is designed to go under the sink. Here’s the full specification of the product.
- Tank Capacity: 3.2 Galloons (h15”xd11”)
- Faucet: Chrome
- System capacity: 40 to 95 PSI; 40 to 100⁰ F
- Production Rate: Approx. 50 gallon per day.
- Max Total Dissolved Solids: 2000 ppm
- Max Hardness: 10gpg
- Max Iron: 0.2 ppm
- pH Limits: 4-10
- Purification Unit: 16” high x 8” wide x 5” deep
What Is In the Box?
- As assembled purification unit with membranes and filters.
- Full Contact Hardware
- Flow Restriction Architecture with water check valve, central auto shut-off valve and connection hardware
- Drain saddle with all the fittings and connection
- Reserve tank with mounting stand, ball valve, quick connect fittings and hardware
- Lead-free chrome long reach sink faucet with fittings
- EZ feed water Adapter 3/8” compression
Upgrades and Extras
Home Master Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System have available upgrades and add-ons, and for certain homes, these prove to be useful.
- Reserve Tank capacity upgrade– The original reserve tank has a capacity of 3.2 gallons. However, you can get upgrades or downgrades, depending on your needs. For homes with lesser space under the sink, they can get a 2 gallon($10) tank which is slightly smaller than the 3.2 gallon tank. Or if you want a larger storage tank, you can have one that has a capacity of 4 gallons($15) or 9 gallons($99).
- Refrigerator Kit– A refrigerator kit connects your filtration system to your refrigerator’s water center and ice maker to make purified clear ice cubes and filtered water from the fridge. It costs $14.50.
- Permeate Pump– is a non-electric, water-saver that also increases the efficiency of a Reverse Osmosis system. It uses the force from the brine water going down the wheel to pull additional purified water into the storage tank, like a pump. The benefits of a permeate pump improves membrane life, system performance, and fills the storage tank almost 50% faster. The permeate pump can be availed for $85.
- Antimicrobial Tubing – Actifresh Polyethylene tubing is a treated tubing that can be used as an upgrade to the RO system. It is resistant to degradation from mildew, algae, fungi and biofilm. These microbial beings can accumulate inside or outside the normal tubing but because Actifresh Polyethylene tubing is treated, your system especially your water is safe from any of those. This upgrade costs $49.95.
- Reverse Osmosis Replacement Membrane – The Dow Filmtec RO membrane is the same as the one provided with the system. If you need a new membrane, you can get another one for $56.
- Water Filter Change Set- The set contains (1) 5 micron spun poly, high holding depth sediment water filter ¼”, (1) 5 micron coconut shell granular activated catalytic carbon filter ¼”, (1) 5 micron Artesian remineralization and coconut shell granular activated carbon water filter 3/8”. The whole set costs $79.95.
- Under Counter Leak Detector– Leak damage costs billions all over the US annually. This sensitive moisture detector detects leak as soon as it passes through the unit, immediately sounding an alarm and shutting off the water source and activating the shut-off valve. This costs $69.95.
How About Installation?
From what I can tell, the installation of the Home Master Artesian. It requires simple tools and less effort but a little more patience. Normal installation if all goes well may take up to 45 minutes or more. If you don’t have a hole ready for the faucet, it may require more time and effort. During the process, you may be required to fill and drain the storage tank twice, so patience is really needed. And the system might need more time to break in.
The fittings and tubing are easy to assemble. Just be reminded not to use plumber’s putty, thread lock, or anything else that you wouldn’t like to put in your mouth. These things may contaminate the water or may even be toxic.
- It enables water on tap using the Artesian Full Contact technology.
- High flow rate in the faucet.
- Easy installation.
- Filter and filter housing is both in one package.
- Low production rate (50 gal./day) compared to other RO systems of the same price.
- It is a bit pricey.
- The product water is not purely alkaline.
It is a trustworthy product but a bit pricey. If you are willing to shell out money to get a product for long term use, this is for you. Otherwise, you can look for cheaper alternatives.
When it comes to the reliability and efficiency of the product, Home Master is really a master. It has excellent ratings and I personally believe that it is one of the best there is on the market. The remineralization process is a great advantage.
What is Reverse Osmosis?
In it’s simplest form reverse osmosis is the process of using pressure to pass water from a more concentrated area through a semi-permeable membrane to a less concentrated area.
- Ulla: A Simple Hydration Solution
- Gululu Smart Water Bottle for Kids
- 5 Water Bottles That Will Make You Want to Workout
- DropBottle Wants To Put Your Water in Gold
- Soma Water Pitcher Review
- Should You Buy Bottled Alkaline Water?
- Taking Hydration To New Levels With Pryme Vessyl
- Brita Infinity Smart Water Pitcher Review
- Trick Your Brain With A Cup That Adds Flavor To Your Water
- Ozmo Helps You Stay Hydrated And Track Caffeine Intake
- Saving Money With a Cistern
- AquaKinetic Drinking Water System Review
- Yecup 365—A Self-Cooling and Heating Mug
- A Water Bottle That Can Fill Itself Up
- Pelican Water PRO Reverse Osmosis System
- Aquasana 3-Stage Under Counter Review
- A New Take On Hydration With Moikit Seed
- Top 5 Things to Look For When Buying a Water Filter For Your Home
- Changing the Way You Workout One Spritz At A Time
- WaterChef U9000 Review